Ad features the staunch difference between red- and blue-state leaders during the 2020 pandemic, positive outcomes from Stitt’s pro-freedom policies
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Media contact: [email protected]
September 22, 2022 (Oklahoma City, Okla.) – The Stitt for Governor 2022 campaign launched today a new statewide television advertisement titled, “Greater Things,” which highlights Governor Stitt’s leadership to keep Oklahoma’s economy and schools safely open during the 2020 pandemic. As most of the nation shuttered for prolonged periods under liberal big government mandates, Governor Stitt led Oklahoma to a safe and prosperous recovery.
“Stitt kept kids safely in schools and our businesses open– and just look how it’s helping all across Oklahoma: Children learning, small businesses growing,” says the narrator.
While Governor Stitt’s opponent was advocating for mask mandates and shutting down essential services such as in-person learning, Governor Stitt deployed resources with Top Ten outcomes to keep Oklahoma’s economy open and children safely in schools.
With Governor Stitt at the helm, the State of Oklahoma:
- Was one of the first States to deploy drive-thru COVID testing statewide by establishing lab partnerships with Oklahoma’s university institutions. (Washington Post)
- Deployed $40 million to hospitals to build permanent infrastructure in early spring to expand bed and critical care capacity. (Oklahoma Watch)
- Regularly procured and deployed PPE during a global supply chain crisis to keep schools, hospitals, and first responders supplied with protective gear.
- Established and deployed the Bounce Back grant program that helped small, local businesses keep their doors open. (Journal Record)
- Established and funded a rental-assistance grant program to help Oklahoma families keep stay in their homes while navigating the economic disruption. (KOCO)
- Was one of the earliest states to deploy CARES Act funding directly to municipalities, a total of $250 million, to support their local response efforts.
The narrator continues, “with Kevin Stitt as Governor, we’re poised for even greater things.”
Governor Stitt’s COVID policies helped 100,000 Oklahomans get back to work and resulted in the 3rd lowest unemployment rate in the nation. Today, Oklahoma continues to experience its lowest unemployment rate in State history and its greatest workforce participation rate in state history.